Friday 12 December 2014

Challenge #02 - This Little Piggy Went to the Market - Emma's Adventure



Hey ho, hey ho, it's off the Marché de Noël à Nice we go! This week saw our second challenge of the blog so
far, and it was (as stated in the title) called "This Little Piggy Went to the Market". Each of us had to find the most delectable edible treat in our respective Christmas markets. We will be doing this challenge a little differently, instead of the usual (has only been done once, but still) collective challenge post, we will each be posting separately over the next three days. Mainly due to the fact that we all took too many photos and want to show them all, cos they're great like.


Upon my march to the marché...(I'll give you a while to let the pun settle with you), I was overwhelmed with excitement about what I would soon be digesting into my lovely belly. As I neared the market, I went into excitement overload as the sight of the ferris wheel got brighter and brighter. I was bowled over with thoughts and expectations of what scrumdiddlyumtious edibles would await me.


Unfortunately, I forgot that this was a Christmas market, not a gourmet food show. I was greeted with the familiar market scent of candy floss, churros and candied apples. Was I disappointed? Heck no! I love that shiz.
 
1 for me and 1 for me
 
I dropped the apple after this photo.

What was my favourite pleasure sensation though, I hear you ask. As we are in France, this market was not all so traditional, there were a few additional yummy options that would not usually appear elsewhere in the world. One being, THE CHRISTMAS OYSTER BAR. I kid you not. I did not indulge in these little critters for two reasons: 1) Money and 2) If you follow me on instagram (@emmahartigan93 - shameless plug #noshame, while you're at it you really should be following @amouthfulapart too... again #reallynoshame) you will already know that I recently tried oysters and did not like them. Not one bit. I did sneak a photo of someone else's oysters when they weren't looking though.

Unattended oysters and bread with crusts on

Considering the embarrassing fact that I don't like les huitres (french for oysters, never a bad time for learning), the question still looms, "But what was your favourite Christmas market treat Emma?" Well, dear followers, I will answer that with a simple picture and one last tale for you all.                             

It was a cold, dark winter's eve, Emma was poor, thirsty, and in a questionable state of mind. She saw a sign indicating that they sell champagne by the bottle for a mere €35 at the champagne bar (okay, so I'll give this market a little credit for individuality, even though I could not afford any of the things that made it original.) Emma does not have €35 to throw away will nilly. Emma saw a full champagne flute, unattended, bubbling and lonely. Before thinking, Emma's hand reached for the flute and Emma's legs ran with the flute. Emma drank the flute. And, Emma felt like she never felt before, bold, badass, like she could take over the world and consequently from the speed drinking of all the champagne bubbles; very, very burpy.

i.e. FREE CHAMPAGNE
I hope this post got you in the Christmas cheer, if you aren't there already! Ale and Phillipa will be accounting their experiences from the NY and Dublin AND Paris Christmas markets tomorrow and Sunday. Woohoo! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.





No comments:

Post a Comment